First flight this morning !

Austin
Administrator
John Anderson flew the new Peregrine Deuce this morning. First flight. Taxi teste were yesterday and
we managed to foul all the plugs. New overhauled engine and we oil fouled everything. Need more time
on the engine to seat in the rings. Want the good news first ? OK.
Stall is still about 50 MPH.
Full power cruise came out 136 MPH indicated, or True airspeed came out 145 MPH !
2300 RPM cruise  came out 124 MPH indicated or 132 True airspeed . !
The pane is fast, very fast. (look at the Peregrine pictures and you'll see why ! )
Bad News:
The flap motor rook a crap. It was off a Cessna 150. We'll have to take the top off the
center section and find out what it's problem is. Course the plane doesn't need flaps at all
but the pitch angle the flaps offer gives a much better view of the runway.( Which I like,
by the way, I like to see the runway ! )
Everything worked perfectly, cept for the flaps, differential ailerons, perfect, push rod controls,
perfect, rudder needs no trim tab at all. ( We increased offset from 1/2 inch, Jerry's, to 3/4
inch, Austin's.
The Ed Sterba prop, ( cruise prop) is wonderful. Ton's of power for takeoff and fast cruise.
Guys, it was a great day for all of us.
Now. at 84, I would love for someone to take Bakeng Deuce and keep it going. I hate to give
this activity up, but I should. I have loved every moment of it and all you guys too.
Austin

Re: First flight this morning !

Cary Winch
Fabulous! Amazing numbers on the speed.

Cary

Re: First flight this morning !

mark
Administrator
Congratulations Austin!  Sounds like an amazing aircraft.  I can't imagine how much faith and hard work must have gone into that project.

Re: First flight this morning !

Paul
Fantastic !!!!