The new Peregrine Deuce

Austin
Administrator
Finally this summer the new Deuce is ready for inspection and first flight. We still need to paint
the nosebowls. It will be grey and black also but with feathers. EW came out 1096 lbs. CG is dead center.
This plane had differential ailerons, push rod controls, square tube fuselage, carbon fibre D section,
a zillion changes. Enjoy the pictures. Since I'm now 83 I would love to sell this plane, all the molds
for both the Duce and this Peregrine, fuselage welding fixture, everything to someone that would take
it on and carry it forward. Know anybody ?
My e-mail is acole@bakengdeuce.com
Austin

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

mark
Administrator
Absolutely beautiful airplane.

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Jack
awesome.  let us know what the performance is when all done.

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Paul
Beautiful. Congratulations !!

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Austin
Hi Paul, it has been a long time. Wonderful to hear from you.

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Sam White
So glad you called Austin, spooky I was just thinking I needed to call you a couple of days ago - this plane is absolutely beautiful!!  Can't wait to get some closeup pics, or maybe I need to get up there for hands on work?!.  Sam

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Austin
Sam, I would love for you  to come up and fly it. Carbon Fibre D section. The wing is
unbreakable. I could sure enjoy your company and watch you fly it also. Let me know,
if you'd like to. I'll make all the arrangements. Around early June.
Austin

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Travis
Looks great Austin!

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Austin
Travis I sent you an e-mail with pictures of strut attachments. If not what you wanted let me know.
Austin

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Paul
Yes sir it has !  The Duce will always hold a special place in my heart.......

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Austin
Paul, it will hold a special place in my heart as well. I loved our group. We had fun on our web site
and "Forum" that kept vanishing. It has all been wonderful. I'm sorry we didn't get more built, but our
good fellowship made up for "The times" at the time. I joined EAA in 1963 and as best as I could tell
everyone in the USA was building an airplane in 1 year or less. That didn't turn out to be true. THE Duce
also turned out to be a very complicated plane to build. Most of them flying have had 3 or 4 builders
to finally get it done. That and the insecurity of the economy, made spending that much money on
building an airplane, a scary thought.
So as I look back on our journey, it was wonderful none the less. All the friends we made, all the owners
and builders have all been a wonderful part of my life. I thank God for every moment. We lost money,
a lot of it, but it was an investment in my life, I wouldn't sell for a fortune. God bless each and every
one of our gang. ( Oh, and Merry Christmas too )
Austin

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Paul
Austin, I could not agree more. Duce/Duece fans are a passionate group. Lots of good memories and photos. Many an hour spent with the kids at fly-in breakfast events and airshows. I call that "quality time" and I would not trade that for anything. Merry Christmas !!

Paul

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

gras747@twc.com
Is your Deuce for sale?

Thanks
Greg Rasmussen

Re: The new Peregrine Deuce

Austin
Administrator
Yes, I would like to get  $ 29,000.00 for it. But would consider a little less. This is a wonderful Deuce.
The year we took it to Oshkosh we were offered  $ 75,000.00 for it. I declined. That was really dumb.
If you want to ask questions about it, my phone here in Charleston is 843 769 0917. Call me, and we can
discuss it.
Austin