Tricycle gear Deuce

Jerry
I am looking at an ad on Barnstormers for a tricycle gear Deuce with an O-290 D2 and about 8 hours of flight testing time. The owner said his test pilot passed away and he is in his 70s and does not intend to complete the project. Does anyone have any input on this aircraft? Red flags?

Thanks

Re: Tricycle gear Deuce

kerry
I'd say not much of a gamble for 8K.  I didn't build my duce but my understanding the parts alone could surpass $8000 and that's not counting the engine and propeller.  A tricycle duce is weird looking.  Just my opinion.

Re: Tricycle gear Deuce

Grant
I saw that and agree with the previous commenter.  I don't see the ad any more. Did you buy it?

Re: Tricycle gear Deuce

Paul
This post was updated on .
Saw on Barnstormers today. If this is the same aircraft, the engine has sold and the rest being parted out