sad news

austin cole
  I have just received notice that Gerald (jerry) Bakeng has passed away. He died on
January 31 of this year. He was 82
 It is worth noting that his design, (The Bakeng Duce) won the outstanding design
award at Oskkosh in 1971. Jerry worked at Boeing until 1991 when he retired. His
lovely wife Shirlee is still living as well as daughters and sons.
If you choose to read the obituary Google  " Bakeng Obituary " and it will come up.
They are holding a  Memorial service for him on February 26. We will be sending
flowers.
Jerry and I talked quite frequently back in 1999 when we acquired the rights to the design
but we had not spoken for several years because it was no longer necessary. I was
contacted by his daughter just today (2-21) about his passing. His Duce design will live on
and when the time comes we will pass the Duce/Deuce designs on to new investors
to make certain the aircraft continues.
From 1971 until present there have been over 120 of these aircraft built with many of them
still flying. In Jerry's time alone he sold more than 800 sets of plans.
Quite a man, quite an airplane. He did a wonderful job. May he enjoy his return home to
his Father, our Lord. Thank you Jerry for the Bakeng Duce. Enjoy your Eternity with God.
Austin Cole

Re: sad news

Cary Winch
Austin,

  Thank you for letting us know. I have been wondering how he has been doing lately.

  I will have to go give 70BD a hug tonight.

Cary

Re: sad news

gerry
thanks for informing the Duce community.  Our prayers are with him.